Sunday, July 20, 2008

Blog: Purpose & Background

Say, I'd never really mentioned my true intentions for having a blog besides setting one up just because the old one was getting on my nerves. xD So...the thoughts just popped up during bathtime (as usual. You see...I don't have a rubber ducky, so my attention finds something else to do while I clean myself nicely. *nod nod*) and I thought...this seems like an interesting topic. Maybe along the few paragraphs I might be typing soon, I'll also introduce a few extras that I already have/have intention to/was thinking of adding to the blog. ;p

Ok..so...I'd been asked lately about the purpose of blogging. Before that, I found out some reasons from other people why they do NOT blog:

1. Lazy (That says it ALL)
2. Don't see the point of letting other people know about own thoughts or opinions. (Reserved, shy, etc.)
3. Don't see the point if you can't make money out of it. ($, $ and $)
4. Waste of time. (Hectic people? Oo *background comment from somewhere* Study ah!)
5. No IT savvy-ish. (I pray they know, at least, how to use email. >.<)
6. Want to play "mysterious". (Masak-masak nicer!! >.<)

So there you have it. As for me, I'm blogging just so I can empty my mind of unnecessary stuff (although blogging contributes to my bad memory, since everything is already in the blog, I don't have to remember every single thing). For example, I don't need to remember what I read in a novel while sitting for an exam. ;) And the other reason is so people can know me a little better..in some ways. xD At least you all can try and figure out how my mind works now. ;p Yeah, so that's all about why I blog...I think. Oo

Background...well, maybe just the names of the blog. The previous one was "fuyukyuden", meaning Winter Palace in Japanese (that is if I got it right. xp). The current one, was an email signature I sign off to certain people (it's also because those "certain people" call me Ouji-sama, aka Prince in Japanese. Reason for the nickname is off topic in this post + I ain't telling. xp). Well then, both the names do tie in certain ways. Both are my personal imagination/view of myself. This is where it gets complex (beware~!):

A kingdom, is ruled by one and it is to rule many. It also to manage the welfare of others under such rule. So here's the thing, a kingdom is a HUGE community with MANY people.

On my end, I imagine myself...in a kingdom where there is only one person, that person being me. "Of Royalty", being derived from the status of a prince, represents me as the person responsible to manage things, but..only in a quiet kingdom of my own, "Winter Palace". And in this place I seek to manage, improve myself as much as I can before I do others. And until that such time, "I await for the colours of Spring from my throne overlooking the snow white garden".

One Rule, Self-Rule.


Ok, enough emo (emotional) stuff. Next point of this post, EXTRAS!! I'll be adding a tag list at the side whereby you can search for certain posts according to category. =) And I intend to offer to my dear readers this... If you wish for me to blog about something that you might want my opinion on or just to test my essay skills or just so I can make more updates on my blog... XD XD XD ...suggest away!!

No comments: