Monday, January 11, 2010

Some Memories of Puchong

When I was young, I remember living in SS2 for a short while and shifted to Bandar Puchong Jaya just before I started any form of formal education (starting with kindergarten). Then I stayed in Puchong until mid-college years. In between those years, I did shift again from one house to another house just nearby within the same community. Reason being...(or excuse)...that me and my sister are both growing in many ways. Hahahahaha

So my family often frequent this little square of shops. Here we'll have our usual night outs for mamak, lunch at the coffee shop just beside it (my mom even pack the chicken rice from it for me every day), and certain dinner nights at another two shops.

Yesterday I had breakfast at the mamak. Remembered eating roti pisang, good tasty naan and tandoori chicken. Then there would be that television for people to watch soccer. Cats would prowl around for food and dad would throw some scraps for them. It was nice.

So mom asked me if I had a chance, would I return to eat at the coffee shop next door? I said yes. I'll like to see if the chicken rice has the same taste (I had so much that I remembered it's taste literally). Just so happens that we were around today as well. So we decided to have lunch there. Hahahahahah What coincidence.

We just walked up the steps and we were already greeted by the drinks guy. Me and my mom were laughing. I wondered if he would get that cup of chinese tea ready at our table for us like he use to. Of course he didn't or else me and my mom would be laughing our heads off. He did look a little rounder. Mom said he's getting older. So I suppose that justifies the rounder belly? Hahahahah

Most of the old workers were all there. Even the old stalls were there and its owners. The only thing different was the chicken rice stall. The owner looked different. You can almost see the sadness within his eyes. We manage to get news from the drinks guy discreetly. It happens that the chicken rice stall owner's wife passed away not too long after we shifted out of Puchong. =( Feel sorry... She was nice. Always remembered how I like my chicken rice. And she was young. Sigh..

But it was nice, to see everything as it was besides the small changes. =) Wonder if it'll still be the same the next time I visit. Whenever that would be...

Oh yes, the chicken rice did taste more or less the same. =)

No comments: