Thursday, January 7, 2010

Short Trip to Genting Highlands

Holidays need not be long, neither should they be too short. It all really depends on the destination you're having your holiday at. Of course, if it's a new and exiting place like a foreign country, go ahead and spend at least a week. That's an average for anyone travelling overseas. Visiting places closer to home however....I'll say a night's stay at least (unless it's truly boring). These durations are all based on my personal opinions.

I'm feeling drained actually after a 2D1N trip to Genting Highlands. Yeah, I know, it's short but you'll know why soon. I'm just glad to be home and slightly refreshed after a long bath. Now, allow me to exercise my critic skills:

  • Going up to Genting only with signboard guidance. Not too bad. Air pollution wasn't too good for our little breeze enjoyment with the car windows open though.
  • Arrival at Genting. Hm...all the buildings look like they can do with a good paint job.
  • Trying to get to the carpark... Now...why is it such a mess and such a long way to the carpark. Oo
  • First World Hotel lift from carpark to lobby. Ah...this is the tricky part. Since they have too many floors, they have to split the floors to be viewed side-by-side and this confuses MANY people. They end up thinking that example: Lobby floor is at the same level as Parking B7 when in fact, the Lobby floor is way above all the parking levels. So we had to scratch our heads figuring whether we want the lift to go up? Or down? @@
  • Lunch @ Shanghai1. Similar to Canton-i but that's only the looks. The quality is totally way off. Even the cleanliness. Though oddly...everything at Genting seems to smell and taste similar...and it's not a nice thing.
  • Enviroment. Being a person who likes bright places, this is a no-can-do. Luckily it manages to fascinate other people. I suppose that's their goal. Hahhaha
  • Check-in @ Lobby. Seriously...you have to take a number and wait until your turn pops up on the electronic counter. Feels more like a government department but with nicer decorations. 
  • Rooms. Huhuhuhu....Due to certain circumstances, we had to request for a change of rooms. Ah yes...let's not forget...how did we end up with an extra keycard??? That mystery would never be solved.
  • Outdoor Theme Park. A place where I felt more comfortable practising my kiai at challenging rides than the headaches I get from the simpler rides. Note: Never eat anything in between rides. Ah...there were constant reminders as well from my tripmates that certain rides stink...at least their equipment does. *shrugs*
  • Watch television in the room during rest time. A source of entertainment thanks to Singaporean channels. Hahahah!
  • Steamboat dinner. For a price of RM20 per person, there wasn't much variety and was rather unhygenic. Sure killed my appetite. It was torturous too (we keep getting oil spitting at us and our clothes).
  • Starbucks. One of the best moments. Enjoying a cup of hot chocolate shared with a friend in the middle of a cold fogy night until....2am? xD Nice time chatting. =)
  • Adjourned from Starbucks due to the decrease in temperature, we continued our little chats in the rooms up to 4am. Everyone started to pop off to sleep one by one until there was only me left. >.<
  • Sleeping. Troublesome. My very usual trip paranoias always get the better of me on first nights. So ended up sleeping for an hour and a half before getting up wide awake at 5.30am. Had to force myself to sleep again between waking intervals until dawn.
  • Breakfast. Simple and quality as expected (ok ok lerr...).
  • Check out was fast. Strolled around a bit longer looking for chocolates and finally left the hotel.
  • Visit to temple on the way downhill. Tried feeding turtles with vegetables but they just ignored me or scurried off. T.T Another problem was Jackson annoyingly analises everything after passing through the wall decorations and descriptions of hell. = ='lll
  • Lunch back in KL. Simple and definitely easier on our wallets/purses.
  • Home Sweet Home. =)
Yeah, that's all about it. On an overall, I believe I keep forgetting my true goal was to enjoy myself. Well, it was better than nothing. =) Just don't think I'll go there again next time. = =

No comments: