Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Office 'Roach + Chawan Dinner = 2 Separate Things On An Ordinarily Boring Day

Yes, yes...I'd not been updating frequently enough... Yada yada yada... Zzzzz....

So let's down to business!

Let's start with the cockroach first. =p Get rid of the ickiest thing first right?

Today's my second day of restarting work after a long grueling study break which mainly consisted of a daily routine of 12 hours STARING at a book. So I'm trying to get back my work enthusiasm...I sooooo feel like slacking. = =

I don't remember if I mentioned but office was shifted to my boss's house months back (I'm sure I'd mentioned it before somewhere)....and going to shift again soon. xD It feels oddly uncomfortable at times working in a home-office vibes more Home than Office. It just doesn't really give you the right feeling to get you going. It's almost like bringing work back home. Not fun. Worse, it's NOT YOUR HOME.

Anyway, I went to the washroom.  I seriously have to admit, the house is really clean in a way as it doesn't have much furniture (in fact, I'd never sighted a television or couch). So technically, the washroom looks clean and nice too. And it has the most important thing...tissue!

Here..is what went wrong. First, the tissue holder...it's almost like it doesn't want to let go of the tissue for your use. Nevermind that. The tissue holder is almost next to your face. Now you jerk the tissue, next thing you find is a frantic cockroach scurrying out from behind the tissue, across the wall in front of you and down next to your legs before it goes behind the pail next to the sink.

Let me just stop here. Breathe people...breathe! ^^

Second topic is not so bad, ok? xD

I was invited to have dinner with an elderly friend I met during the course of my business challenge. He always reminded me of my mom's friend due to some similarities. In short, a nice and soft-spoken who knows his stuff really well.

Throughout the 1.5hours of dinner-chat (although he did 85% of the talking. Sorry I didn't say much! >.<), I heard good stories about his life and his work. He mentioned that he almost died each time he retired (a total of 3). Makes me wonder if he ever dares to retire again. Haha Probably God's drastic hint of "Get back to work!". ;) Well, everyone is here for a reason.

Then in between talking, a salesman came over trying to sell us perfume! He got us to try it (although I know it's risky). It's suppose to be some natural stuff whereby it smells different on each person. When I smelled it on my hand, I almost burst out laughing! It smelt like "Fung Yau" (ubat urut)!!! xD xD xD But I didn't tell the guy. Later the smell changed anyway. Still... xD xD xD ^^

Back to seriousness, I learnt something today:
 
"Do not focus on the problem. Focus on the strenghts to solve the problem." ~ Elderly friend (I'll put your name here if it's ok with you. But I'll leave it as it is until you say it's ok to do so. ^^)

There also other stuff that I learnt but that was the main one. My friend, if you're reading this, thank you very much for sharing. =)

No comments: