Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Melaka Trip

Ahh..the melancholic tranquility, thanks to the wonderful melodies of my winamp playlist and sound of raindrops outside the window, supported by the dimmed lights of the day. A perfect mood for 'yum cha'. Unfortunately I'm stuck at home (self-ground) 'coz I'm suppose to be studying for next week's test. Yeah..look at what I'm doing now..blogging. xD Sai hei..

Woke quite late today, taking time to recover energy from a day trip yesterday. Went to Melaka with Kar Yee, Jackson, Bibi and Sarah. =) Chooi Yee couldn't join us for personal reasons. =x We just sorta impromptu planned the trip last week and 'Ok! Let's go!'. xD Unfortunately it didn't turn out as expected, probably due to poor planning? T.T


Then again, sleeping over at Kar Yee's place the night before was REALLY REALLY unexpected..I couldn't sleep well. (But the last round I could sleep nicely!! Why?! T.T) Most likely due to the fact that we laughed so hard before sleeping thanks to Sarah's nonsense and irritating hyena-like laugh. (If the neighbours didn't wake, I'm surprised. lol xp) And we were suppose to wake around 7+. (Someone even said 6am oh..but woke only at what time after dunno how many rounds of alarm rings ah? *hint hint*) I slept only around 3-4am. = =


Left the house around 8+. The worse thing...while driving, my stomach was threatening to complain. >.<'ll (KY, that's why I went to the toilet so long at the rest area) Besides that, the drive was like a cruise down south, complimented with nice songs tracks. lol =p Apparently, driving requires concentration so I didn't know how tired I was until KY took over the wheel back to KL. lol


*replays scene*

Get on car...few minutes later..
"Kar Yee, you drive la. I sleep." Zzzzzzzz...
LOL LOL Adoi... =p

The trip on overall was rather uneventful. We visited St Peter's Church, St Francis Xavier's Church (pretty place =) ), Jonker Street (the Chicken Rice Balls were cute xD) and Christ Church (just outside around the fountain and flowers).


At Jonker Street, bought some food stuff here and there. The games they sold there like Uno cards were horribly cheap!!! Not even RM5. I could have bought them and sold them back in KL for a profit. *shock* But they don't have what I want so I didn't get any. Hehehe


Sat on the Eye on Malaysia, Melaka. I was rather amused with their pricing. I read RM20 per adult but they charged us RM8 per person. How do you get to that amount? First..proof you're a student, they'll charge RM16. Second..proof you're Malaysian. You get half price. So half of RM16 = RM8. xD xD xD Adoi.. Same thing with the Menara Taming Sari (you get to see Melaka at dunno how many feet high..sorry, wasn't concentrating to what the lady said. xp). You proof you're Malaysian and they charge you half the price of the original. So RM10/2 = RM5. xD


But the rides were rather boring I think though I was trying hard not to be amused by the girls. (Psst...they're afraid of heights.) So after that, we went off to Port Dickson. Yeah, Kar Yee wanted to see the sunset. Unfortunately the Blue Lagoon was under construction, so we went to another side of the beach...just to find out that....the sun sets on the other side. xD (Actually...come to think of it..it was on the right side..so silly. But by the time the sun sets, their mothers would be calling their handphones already. xD xD)


So we rested a bit and left for dinner nearby at some random shop. Oddly, I find that people there seem rather reluctant to speak Cantonese so I had a whole day of good Mandarin-speaking practise. x.x Oh..should have seen the fried sotong we ordered. It wasn't the normal fried sotong where they use the normal sotongs. They used baby sotongs. They weren't properly cleaned and if I assume correct, those two black dots on each sotong are eyes! Couldn't tell since there was no specific crunchy-ness or anything hard at all. So....*looks away and just pops them into mouth and chew* trick is to not look at the sotongs. LOL


After dinner, we went home. Phew.. lol =p

No comments: